The Yakima County Sheriff's Office says the 911 caller initially reported that unknown persons drove up to the house and shot him while he was standing in the driveway on Monday afternoon. The victim later admitted that his 14-year-old friend had accidentally shot him.
YAKIMA — Officials in Yakima say a 14-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to his wrist and chest when he was accidentally shot by a friend.
The Yakima County Sheriff’s Office says the 911 caller initially reported that unknown persons drove up to the house and shot him while he was standing in the driveway on Monday afternoon.
Upon questioning, the shooting victim admitted to officers that his 14-year-old friend had accidentally shot him while they were at the friend’s home. The sheriff’s office says the friend confirmed the story when he was confronted.
The sheriff’s office says the victim was fortunate to suffer only minor injuries. The office says criminal charges may be filed after the investigation is completed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's most famous legal homeless camp moves to illegal spot VIEW
- How much easier was it for baby boomers to buy a home in Seattle? Let's adjust for inflation | FYI Guy
- Does it shame Trump supporters to name them? Only if they're ashamed about it | Danny Westneat
- After Seattle Times alert flub inspires jokes on Reddit, Seattle musician creates hipster parody of 'We Didn't Start the Fire'
- Grand jury charges witness with lying about suspect in 2001 slaying of federal prosecutor Thomas Wales