The Yakima County Sheriff's Office says the 911 caller initially reported that unknown persons drove up to the house and shot him while he was standing in the driveway on Monday afternoon. The victim later admitted that his 14-year-old friend had accidentally shot him.
YAKIMA — Officials in Yakima say a 14-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to his wrist and chest when he was accidentally shot by a friend.
The Yakima County Sheriff’s Office says the 911 caller initially reported that unknown persons drove up to the house and shot him while he was standing in the driveway on Monday afternoon.
Upon questioning, the shooting victim admitted to officers that his 14-year-old friend had accidentally shot him while they were at the friend’s home. The sheriff’s office says the friend confirmed the story when he was confronted.
The sheriff’s office says the victim was fortunate to suffer only minor injuries. The office says criminal charges may be filed after the investigation is completed.
Most Read Local Stories
- It’s been a weird year in Seattle weather. Here’s what the stats show and what’s coming next.
- Seattle to lower speed limits amid rising number of traffic deaths
- Sound Transit shows off nearly complete Roosevelt light-rail station — and its heavy-duty escalators VIEW
- In Seattle we like voting socialist, but how much do we mean it? We're about to find out. | Danny Westneat
- Amid outcry, Seattle Public Library weighs decision to provide venue for 'radical feminist' event criticized as anti-trans