Detectives believe the young woman was targeted and are looking for witnesses to the shooting.
A 22-year-old woman was fatally shot in the head Wednesday night as she drove south on Rainier Avenue South in Skyway, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The woman was shot by someone in a southbound vehicle and detectives believe the victim was targeted, said sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott.
The shooting happened at 10:22 p.m. in the 11400 block of Rainier Avenue South and surveillance footage from a nearby marijuana retail shop showed the suspect vehicle is a black or dark-colored sedan, Abbott said. Anyone who may have witnessed the shooting is asked to call 206-296-3311.
After the woman was shot, her car veered across the center line, sideswiped one vehicle and crashed into another, coming to rest on the sidewalk on the east side of the street, said Abbott. The woman was already dead by the time officers arrived, he said.
Most Read Local Stories
- City Hall's idea of housing on golf courses? It turns out the people made a law against that | Danny Westneat
- White Center man convicted of rape accused of attacking victim days after his release from jail
- Seattle nightlife entrepreneur Dave Meinert re-emerges after #MeToo allegations. Will he be welcomed back?
- 'You can’t imagine a better life than they lived': Retired King County judge and his wife are remembered after dying in crash that also killed a woman and dog
- Meth is back in King County, bigger than it's been for decades