Detectives believe the young woman was targeted and are looking for witnesses to the shooting.
A 22-year-old woman was fatally shot in the head Wednesday night as she drove south on Rainier Avenue South in Skyway, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The woman was shot by someone in a southbound vehicle and detectives believe the victim was targeted, said sheriff’s spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott.
The shooting happened at 10:22 p.m. in the 11400 block of Rainier Avenue South and surveillance footage from a nearby marijuana retail shop showed the suspect vehicle is a black or dark-colored sedan, Abbott said. Anyone who may have witnessed the shooting is asked to call 206-296-3311.
After the woman was shot, her car veered across the center line, sideswiped one vehicle and crashed into another, coming to rest on the sidewalk on the east side of the street, said Abbott. The woman was already dead by the time officers arrived, he said.
Most Read Local Stories
- A $21,634 bill? How a homeless woman fought her way out of tow-company hell | Danny Westneat
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- Large metal balls zip along West Seattle street, damaging several cars
- Congressional candidates Dino Rossi and Kim Schrier clash in lone debate in Ellensburg
- Washington Supreme Court rules sentencing youth to life without parole is unconstitutional