The woman was shot when, witnesses told police, someone tried to steal her purse.
A woman died Thursday night after she was shot during an attempted purse snatching in South Seattle, police said.
The shooting at 39th Avenue South and South Warsaw Street occurred about 8:30 p.m.
Police said witnesses told them someone tried to steal the woman’s purse, shot her and then fled.
Walking in the city? Walking alone? Seattle police have some tips for staying safe. Read their advice here.
No one has been arrested.
Most Read Local Stories
- UW researchers think a fish might be the answer to treating mood disorders, addiction
- Inslee: Washington state to lift COVID restrictions by June 30; right now, mask rules eased for vaccinated people
- Voting-rights battle in Washington state raises allegations of diluting Latino votes
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 16: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County's culvert hunters — and a $9 billion plan to save salmon habitat