A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
EVERETT (AP) — A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
The Daily Herald reports 54-year-old Tammie Peterson was charged on Friday in the death of Deborah Jeanneret. Police say Peterson’s roommate reported finding the dead body in her room.
According to court papers, Jeanneret’s body was found with about 40 stab wounds. She died from blood loss.
Court paper state that Peterson had initially said her former boyfriend killed Jeanneret while she was high.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'It's surreal': Seattle's Pike Place Fish Market sold to fish-throwing employees WATCH
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- Downtown Seattle bus station closes for good Saturday. Here’s where to find the buses
- Tremors shove Washington westward, offer clues into next big earthquake
- Orcas have returned to Puget Sound, and they’ve never faced a bigger menace | Danny Westneat
After police released her former boyfriend from jail, Peterson blamed her roommate. Police say both accusations were not credible.
Peterson is scheduled to be in court early next week.