A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
EVERETT (AP) — A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
The Daily Herald reports 54-year-old Tammie Peterson was charged on Friday in the death of Deborah Jeanneret. Police say Peterson’s roommate reported finding the dead body in her room.
According to court papers, Jeanneret’s body was found with about 40 stab wounds. She died from blood loss.
Court paper state that Peterson had initially said her former boyfriend killed Jeanneret while she was high.
Most Read Local Stories
- More effective than condoms? Seattle-area couples test new birth control for men
- Seattle City Council approves plan for UW to build 6 million square feet, add high-rise district
- Whose stadium is it? They tell us it's ours, only not when it comes to selling the big money name | Danny Westneat
- Inslee unveils $675 million plan to reverse crisis in Washington's mental-health system
- Michelle Obama extends book tour, adds NW dates, as sales of 'Becoming' top 3 million
After police released her former boyfriend from jail, Peterson blamed her roommate. Police say both accusations were not credible.
Peterson is scheduled to be in court early next week.