A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
EVERETT (AP) — A Washington woman who falsely accused her former boyfriend and a roommate of a crime has been charged with murder.
The Daily Herald reports 54-year-old Tammie Peterson was charged on Friday in the death of Deborah Jeanneret. Police say Peterson’s roommate reported finding the dead body in her room.
According to court papers, Jeanneret’s body was found with about 40 stab wounds. She died from blood loss.
Court paper state that Peterson had initially said her former boyfriend killed Jeanneret while she was high.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together
After police released her former boyfriend from jail, Peterson blamed her roommate. Police say both accusations were not credible.
Peterson is scheduled to be in court early next week.