The woman called 911 after the man broke into her home and stabbed her 75-year-old husband, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
An 80-year-old woman shot and killed a man who stabbed her husband after breaking into their Sultan home Thursday night, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
Medics airlifted the injured 75-year-old man to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with stab wounds to the abdomen, according to a news release from sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton. The intruder, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was from Gold Bar.
His name was not released Thursday night. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner will identify him.
The woman called 911 around 8:30 p.m. to report she shot the man after he broke into the home in the 13700 block of Woods Lake Road, according to Ireton. Neither the woman nor the couple’s 45-year-old son, who also was home, was injured.
Most Read Local Stories
- 4,500 Expedia employees are coming to Interbay in Seattle. How will the company avoid a traffic mess? VIEW
- After 7-year battle, Lake City neighbors rejoice as Lake Washington dead end becomes a public beach
- The inside story of MCAS: How Boeing's 737 MAX system gained power and lost safeguards | Times Watchdog VIEW
- Man in serious condition after shooting on Capitol Hill, officials say
- Who will Washington's next governor be? Uncertainty over Inslee creates pileup of politicians, domino effects down ballot
Investigators believe the intruder was a stranger to the residents and that he was intending to burglarize the home, according to sheriff’s office.
The incident remains under investigation.