The woman called 911 after the man broke into her home and stabbed her 75-year-old husband, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
An 80-year-old woman shot and killed a man who stabbed her husband after breaking into their Sultan home Thursday night, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
Medics airlifted the injured 75-year-old man to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with stab wounds to the abdomen, according to a news release from sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton. The intruder, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was from Gold Bar.
His name was not released Thursday night. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner will identify him.
The woman called 911 around 8:30 p.m. to report she shot the man after he broke into the home in the 13700 block of Woods Lake Road, according to Ireton. Neither the woman nor the couple’s 45-year-old son, who also was home, was injured.
Most Read Local Stories
- Did your ballot reach its destination? Here's how to track it in Washington state
- Who will get COVID-19 vaccines first: Washington state health officials outline their plan
- The plot thickens in Seattle's protest story
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Fall surge of COVID-19 is hitting Washington, state officials warn
Investigators believe the intruder was a stranger to the residents and that he was intending to burglarize the home, according to sheriff’s office.
The incident remains under investigation.