The woman called 911 after the man broke into her home and stabbed her 75-year-old husband, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
An 80-year-old woman shot and killed a man who stabbed her husband after breaking into their Sultan home Thursday night, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
Medics airlifted the injured 75-year-old man to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with stab wounds to the abdomen, according to a news release from sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton. The intruder, 25, was pronounced dead at the scene. He was from Gold Bar.
His name was not released Thursday night. The Snohomish County Medical Examiner will identify him.
The woman called 911 around 8:30 p.m. to report she shot the man after he broke into the home in the 13700 block of Woods Lake Road, according to Ireton. Neither the woman nor the couple’s 45-year-old son, who also was home, was injured.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle mayoral matchmaker: Which candidate shares your views?
- A quiet rise in homelessness in northeast King County raises stakes in contentious council race
- Seven rescued after vehicle goes off cliff near trailhead in Snohomish County
- How his twin brother's deathbed plea was a call to action for Washington state's insurance commissioner
- What to know about Monday's COVID vaccine deadline in Washington state
Investigators believe the intruder was a stranger to the residents and that he was intending to burglarize the home, according to sheriff’s office.
The incident remains under investigation.