A young woman was fatally shot Friday night by a man she'd said she feared. Police believe he was a former boyfriend.
Detectives and patrol officers with the Federal Way Police Department are searching for a man they believe shot and killed his estranged girlfriend Friday evening, as she sat in a car outside a smoke shop at First Avenue South and Southwest 330th Street.
Department spokeswoman Cathy Schrock said the victim, a 22-year-old old woman from Federal Way, had expressed fear that her former boyfriend was following her, and for that reason asked another man to accompany her in the car.
As the two sat parked outside the shop, the suspect, a 22-year-old from Kent, approached and shot the woman through the window, Schrock said. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center and pronounced dead. Her companion was not injured.
No further information has been released about the suspect, but he has been positively identified, Schrock said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Starting Tuesday, Renton's freeway carpool lanes make a $197 million connection