A young woman was fatally shot Friday night by a man she'd said she feared. Police believe he was a former boyfriend.
Detectives and patrol officers with the Federal Way Police Department are searching for a man they believe shot and killed his estranged girlfriend Friday evening, as she sat in a car outside a smoke shop at First Avenue South and Southwest 330th Street.
Department spokeswoman Cathy Schrock said the victim, a 22-year-old old woman from Federal Way, had expressed fear that her former boyfriend was following her, and for that reason asked another man to accompany her in the car.
As the two sat parked outside the shop, the suspect, a 22-year-old from Kent, approached and shot the woman through the window, Schrock said. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center and pronounced dead. Her companion was not injured.
No further information has been released about the suspect, but he has been positively identified, Schrock said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man dies in Lake Washington while paddleboarding, police say
- Seattle summer weather is back to normal. Here's your forecast for the week.
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- SDOT data shows nearly 100 serious-injury or fatal collisions on Seattle streets in first half of 2019
- Bad omen: Even the Catholics are growing frustrated with Seattle's efforts on homelessness | Danny Westneat