Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Nonessential': The federal shutdown's most unusual victim is one of the Northwest's best-kept secrets | Danny Westneat
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- Three people found dead in Sammamish home WATCH
- Anacortes man cured of hepatitis C after willingly receiving a heart from infected donor
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man's workplace, seeking an apology WATCH