Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 7: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 8: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- New UW analysis lowers coronavirus death projections and suggests hospitalizations may have already peaked in Washington
- 'It will not go forgotten': One Seattle business and its tale of two landlords during the coronavirus crisis
- As coronavirus economic effects strain food banks, Gov. Inslee announces statewide food relief fund in Washington