Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- Parks director complaint claims King County executive pressured county into lucrative contract with David Meinert
- How do mosquitoes track you? UW researchers used a tiny flight simulator, cut into their brains to find out
- After one year in sanctuary, Jose Robles detained by ICE after leaving Seattle church VIEW
- ‘We’re elated’: Suddenly the liberal dream of an income tax is tantalizingly real | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police arrest man suspected of stabbing two women in Cal Anderson Park, killing one