Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state nonprofit files lawsuit saying Fox News misled viewers about coronavirus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- After 52 years of marriage, Clark County couple died of coronavirus-caused illness in separate rooms, within hours of each other
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- 'Essential' but unwanted: Coronavirus reveals another American double standard