Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- Parking spots for the homeless in Seattle, finally. But at a thousand bucks a month? | Danny Westneat
- Sammamish tops list of rich cities, so what do people there do for work? Here are the top jobs. | FYI Guy
- A year after 3 Seattle boys died in a crash near Cle Elum, some parents unsatisfied with driver's conviction
- Behind a zoo built for animal actors, decades of concern and violations at Olympic Game Farm VIEW
- Seattle police increasingly involved in moving homeless people from sidewalks