Police say a man shot the mother of his infant and then himself Friday.
A Whidbey Island man shot and killed a woman Friday afternoon before turning the gun on himself, according to the Island County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 3:30 p.m. Friday, deputies responded to a domestic disturbance regarding child custody on South Whidbey, but before they arrived the 42-year-old man, a 32-year-old woman and their infant left the scene, according to the sheriff’s office.
The man then shot and killed the woman and later shot and killed himself, the sheriff’s office said. The infant was not hurt.
The sheriff’s office did not immediately release further details.
Most Read Local Stories
- After infighting at Seattle's tiny-house villages, activist leaders get the boot
- Canadian company applies for permit for exploratory mining in headwaters of Skagit River
- Upzone booster Rob Johnson to resign early from Seattle City Council, triggering appointment process
- Road rage suspect who killed deputy was in US illegally VIEW
- Shoplifting suspect fatally hit by car after being Tased by Mount Vernon police