The man found shot outside a Rainier Beach house has died, police said.
The 51-year-old man found shot in the chest outside a Rainier Beach home Thursday night has died, a Seattle Police Department spokesman said.
Police found the victim, whose name has not yet been released, lying on the ground outside a residence in the 10200 block of 62nd Avenue South shortly after 9 p.m.
Medics took him to Harborview Medical Center for treatment, where he later died, police said.
After the shooting, homicide investigators placed into custody a 94-year-old man found inside the home. He was interviewed and released pending the outcome of the homicide investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Gov. Inslee will require Washington businesses to turn away customers without coronavirus facial coverings
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 2: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- At least 80 UW students in fraternities test positive for coronavirus, a foreboding sign for college reopenings
- As cases rise, Inslee adds requirements for businesses and prepares changes to Washington's coronavirus reopening plan
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 3: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Police confirmed the man is being treated as a suspect. His relationship with the deceased man remains unclear.
The shooting happened just hours after Seattle Mayor Ed Murray announced support of a pilot project to install a gunshot-detection system in Rainier Beach and Central District neighborhoods.
Thursday’s shooting is the second homicide in Rainier Beach this year, according to the Police Department’s online crime dashboard. Cedric Berry, 33, was fatally shot in the 9200 block of Waters Avenue South on April 2.