: Police in Vancouver say two people were stabbed to death early Sunday and that they’ve arrested a person of interest
VANCOUVER (AP) — Police in Vancouver say a man has been arrested following a double homicide.
The Columbian newspaper reports that 35-year-old Dustin L. Zapel was identified as a person of interest following the stabbing reported at 1:30 a.m. Sunday. He was reported in custody by 9:30 a.m. after police released his name and picture to the public in an effort to find him.
It was not immediately clear if Zapel had an attorney.
Vancouver police said the investigation has only just started. They did not release further details of the crime or the deceased.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world