Detectives ask anyone with information on the man, who they believe is not a student, to call the campus police department.
University of Washington police are searching for a 24-year-old man who reportedly sexually assaulted a student in her residence hall.
Detectives began looking for the man, who they believe is not a student, after receiving a report Wednesday that he sexually assaulted the woman in her on-campus home last weekend, according to a news release from campus police.
The woman told authorities she first met the man through an online dating application, and after exchanging texts, the two agreed to meet, police said.
Authorities describe the man as white, 6 feet tall with a thin build and dark brown, “closely cropped” hair, according to the release.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
University of Washington police ask anyone with information on the man to call 206-685-8973.