Tigard, Ore., police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle Saturday night.
TIGARD, Ore. — Police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle.
Tigard police spokesman Jim Wolf says the incident happened late Saturday as the Uber driver was taking an intoxicated passenger from Portland to Tigard.
The driver told police the man became verbally abusive during the ride and it escalated to physical contact. The driver stopped at a convenience store to get help. While he was inside the store, the passenger got behind the wheel and sped away.
Within minutes, police got a call that a drunken driver had crashed into a curb. Evidence at the scene led them to a nearby home, where they arrested a 31-year-old Tigard man.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
The man was booked into the Washington County Jail on charges of intimidation, reckless endangering, driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.