A passerby called 911 to report multiple shots heard and victims in a vehicle.
A man and woman were shot to death in a vehicle in a residential area of Skyway on Thursday, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting happened in the 12200 block of 68th Avenue South. The victims were shot while parked on the side of the road, said King County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Sgt. Ryan Abbott. A passerby called 911 at about 4:40 p.m. to report multiple shots heard and two victims in a vehicle, Abbott said.
The Sheriff’s Office is investigating the shooting as a homicide and has not yet released any suspect information.
At about 7:30 p.m., a fight broke out after dozens of people, including family members of the victims, had arrived in the area. Officers used a Taser on at least one person and sprayed pepper spray into the crowd to try to break up the fight, Abbott said. At least 30 officers from multiple agencies, including Seattle Police and Washington State Patrol, responded to the scene. Abbott said police did not know of any weapons in the crowd. At 8 p.m., the scene had largely calmed down and police were urging people to leave the area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
Staff photographer Dean Rutz contributed to this report.