Two men were shot Sunday in the Rainier Valley; both were in stable condition later Sunday. Police are asking the public's help to locate suspects.
Seattle police were investigating a drive-by shooting in south Seattle Sunday that left two men wounded.
The incident occurred shortly before 5 p.m. in the 7500 block of 44th Avenue South in the Brighton neighborhood of the Rainier Valley, just south of Othello Playground, according to dispatch records.
“Witnesses say, as the suspect’s car was traveling eastbound someone within the vehicle began firing shots at a group of people before speeding off,” according to a Seattle police press summary. “Witnesses could not identify the type, color, make, or model of the vehicle.”
City police and fire personnel responded to the scene after multiple 911 calls. Two men in their 20s suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds, with one man shot in the hand and the other in the leg, police reported. The men were later taken by a private ambulance from the scene, Seattle Fire spokeswoman Kristin Tinsley said.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- How reliable are those colorful bike-share bikes on Seattle streets and sidewalks?
- Emboldened by Trump, Proud Boys’ confrontations raise concerns in the Northwest
- Ballard homeowner shoots intruder; police find suspect in hospital minutes later
- Temp hits 93 degrees in Seattle, breaking a record; weather service says get ready for another 90-degree day ahead
A nursing supervisor at Harborview Medical Center said both men were in satisfactory condition and were still being treated in the emergency room at 6:45 p.m.
Investigators ask anyone with information to call the Seattle police Homicide/Assault tipline at 206-233-5000.