Two men were shot Sunday in the Rainier Valley; both were in stable condition later Sunday. Police are asking the public's help to locate suspects.
Seattle police were investigating a drive-by shooting in south Seattle Sunday that left two men wounded.
The incident occurred shortly before 5 p.m. in the 7500 block of 44th Avenue South in the Brighton neighborhood of the Rainier Valley, just south of Othello Playground, according to dispatch records.
“Witnesses say, as the suspect’s car was traveling eastbound someone within the vehicle began firing shots at a group of people before speeding off,” according to a Seattle police press summary. “Witnesses could not identify the type, color, make, or model of the vehicle.”
City police and fire personnel responded to the scene after multiple 911 calls. Two men in their 20s suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds, with one man shot in the hand and the other in the leg, police reported. The men were later taken by a private ambulance from the scene, Seattle Fire spokeswoman Kristin Tinsley said.
Most Read Local Stories
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Is this the future of Seattle transit? A look at Vancouver, B.C. — a city that figured it out years ago
- WSDOT apologizes for 'inappropriate message' on traffic sign
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver
A nursing supervisor at Harborview Medical Center said both men were in satisfactory condition and were still being treated in the emergency room at 6:45 p.m.
Investigators ask anyone with information to call the Seattle police Homicide/Assault tipline at 206-233-5000.