A family member reported that the 55-year-old Lakewood man was acting erratically and armed with a pistol, the sheriff's office said.
ROCHESTER, Thurston County — The sheriff’s office says one of its deputies fatally shot a man with a gun in the parking lot of the Lucky Eagle Casino.
KOMO reports the shooting happened after a family member called 911 at about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday for a welfare check on a man.
Thurston County sheriff’s Sgt. Cameron Simper said the family member reported that the 55-year-old Lakewood man was acting erratically and armed with a pistol.
A deputy found the man inside a car at the casino parking lot. Authorities say as the deputy approached the man pointed his gun at the officer then exited his vehicle and began approaching. The deputy fired several shots, fatally wounding the man.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats
A multi-agency team is investigating the shooting.