Snohomish County medical examiner identified the two people who were found dead from gun shot wounds in Lynnwood Thursday as a 16-year-old girl and 33-year-old man.
A Mountlake Terrace High School student was found dead from gunshot wounds Thursday near the body of 33-year-old man who officials believe killed himself, authorities said Friday.
A relative found the bodies of 16-year-old Kandra Tan from Lynnwood and Liheang Ho from Everett in a home in the 3100 block of 202nd St. Southwest around 3 p.m., according to the Snohomish County sheriffs and medical examiner’s offices.
The medical examiner called Tan’s death a homicide and Ho’s death a suicide.
Detectives with the sheriff’s office Friday morning recovered a weapon at the scene, and the investigation is continuing.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Sorry for what happened to Mr. Gray': DSHS to pay $8M after neighbors' pleas to help vulnerable Seattle man brought no action
- Ron & Don Nation, rejoice! Popular radio personalities turn to podcast and real estate
- West Seattle man sentenced to 25 years for raping woman who suffered a stroke after car crash
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- As scooter popularity grows, here are 4 questions facing scooter-share in Seattle
Mountlake Terrace High School Principal Greg Schwab posted on the school’s website a notice informing the community of Tan’s death and urging those impacted by the loss to seek help with grieving.
“We had additional counseling support at school today for both staff and students who were affected by Kandra’s death,” the notice read. “Kandra is remembered fondly by both staff and students as a warm and friendly young woman.”
Correction: Information in this article, originally published Oct. 16, 2015, was corrected oct. 17, 2015. A previous version of this story misspelled Kandra Tan’s first name in one reference.