The 16-year-old girl said she was attacked near her home in the East Renton Highlands.
Update at 10:21 a.m. Friday: The King County Sheriff’s Office has released a sketch of the man suspected of the attack.
King County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the attack on a 16-year-old girl Tuesday in the East Renton Highlands.
The victim said she was stabbed with a small blade around noon in the 14100 block of West Lake Kathleen Drive. The girl said she was walking out of a small shop on her family’s property when a man standing outside the door stabbed in the stomach with an X-acto-type knife.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
The girl fought with the man and was able to flee. She suffered minor injuries, the sheriff’s office said.
The man is described as white, about 30, 5 feet 9 and about 180 pounds. He had short, dark “spiky” hair and a small beard, the sheriff’s office said.
He was last seen wearing a dark shirt, dark pants and black gloves.