The boy suffered a fractured skull, missing teeth, cuts and abrasions and was listed in critical condition.
A Tacoma man has been accused of critically injuring a trick-or-treater by hitting the boy with his SUV.
The News Tribune reports that 38-year-old Kasey Gunnarson was arraigned Tuesday in Pierce County Superior Court and charged with vehicular assault. His bail has been set at $20,000.
Police say the boy was holding his father’s hand and crossing the street when Gunnarson hit him Monday night. Gunnarson told officers he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol before driving, according to the charges.
Deputy Prosecutor Tim Jones says Gunnarson was cooperative and remorseful at the scene.
Most Read Local Stories
- Mount Rainier National Park suspends ground search for missing UW professor
- Military, police in Washington state prepare for possible civil unrest after election
- Crews vacuum 'murder hornets' out of nest in Washington state VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Did your ballot reach its destination? Here's how to track it in Washington state
The boy suffered a fractured skull, missing teeth, cuts and abrasions and was listed in critical condition on Tuesday.