The boy suffered a fractured skull, missing teeth, cuts and abrasions and was listed in critical condition.
A Tacoma man has been accused of critically injuring a trick-or-treater by hitting the boy with his SUV.
The News Tribune reports that 38-year-old Kasey Gunnarson was arraigned Tuesday in Pierce County Superior Court and charged with vehicular assault. His bail has been set at $20,000.
Police say the boy was holding his father’s hand and crossing the street when Gunnarson hit him Monday night. Gunnarson told officers he had smoked marijuana and drank alcohol before driving, according to the charges.
Deputy Prosecutor Tim Jones says Gunnarson was cooperative and remorseful at the scene.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
The boy suffered a fractured skull, missing teeth, cuts and abrasions and was listed in critical condition on Tuesday.