A 31-year-old man has been ordered held in lieu of $1 million bail in connection with the slaying of a man in East Bremerton on Friday afternoon.
A 31-year-old man has been ordered held in lieu of $1 million bail in connection with the fatal stabbing of a man in an East Bremerton mobile-home park Friday afternoon.
The victim has been identified by the Kitsap County Coroner’s Office as Travis Fish, 27. He was attacked at the Camelot Mobile Estates.
The suspect is being held at Kitsap County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday afternoon.
Kitsap County sheriff’s deputies were called to the residence, off Highway 303 Northeast, just before 4:30 p.m. Friday; a 911 call reported a man had collapsed after being stabbed, according to a sheriff’s office news release.
Most Read Local Stories
- Warning for fall election: The COVID-19 denial crowd did terrific in last week's voting
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 12: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle police Chief Carmen Best says she will retire amid protests, City Council cuts
- Clear Seattle-area skies for viewing Perseid meteor shower and 90-degree temps on the way
- Farewell, old Waterfront Park: Shifting pier means park stays closed until 2024
The first deputy to arrive provided aid to the victim before medics arrived. Medics pronounced the man dead about 15 minutes after police were called, the sheriff’s office said.
The sheriff’s office said the arrest occurred at a home in Central Kitsap late Friday night but did not disclosed other details.