WSP says man’s car left road and struck a sign early Sunday.
SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old Sunnyside man died Sunday morning when the car he was driving went off the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Jose D. Jimenez died at the scene of the accident, which occurred at 5:30 a.m. on Maple Grove Road about two miles northwest of Sunnyside, according to a State Patrol news release.
The 2003 Nissan Coupe that Jimenez was driving went off the road and struck a fence after he failed to stop at a stop sign, the patrol said. He was not wearing a seat belt.
A passenger, Luis A. Ramirez, 32, also from Sunnyside, was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital with undisclosed injuries, the patrol said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in “stable condition” late Sunday morning.
Most Read Local Stories
- What to do if you think you qualify for a COVID-19 vaccine — and what to do after you receive it
- Amazon, Virginia Mason to offer pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Bellevue School District expands in-person learning — and takes teachers union to court VIEW
- Seattle City Council seeks to require $4 per hour pandemic pay boost for grocery workers
The cause of the crash is under investigation.