Doctors say the 21-month-old girl suffered several bruises, a collapsed lung and a bleeding brain.
SPOKANE — Spokane County authorities accuse a man of beating his girlfriend’s toddler, causing life-threatening injuries, because she interrupted him while he was playing video games.
The Spokesman-Review reports that 22-year-old Brandon Oquendo is accused of hitting the 21-month-old in the back of the head and in the abdomen on Sunday after she passed in front of him while he was playing Xbox.
Authorities say Oquendo acknowledged to them that he hit the child and told them he called 911 and the girl’s mother after she fell asleep and had a seizure.
The child was taken to the hospital with several bruises, a collapsed lung and a bleeding brain. Doctors called her injuries life-threatening.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Oquendo’s lawyer requested his bond be no more than $5,000. Judge Annette Plese set his bond at $150,000.