The wounded deputy is expected to go into surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County sheriff’s deputy has been wounded and the suspected shooter killed during a standoff at a home in rural Colbert.
The deputy was taken to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center after the Monday night shooting and was expected to undergo surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
The Spokesman-Review says deputies were called to a home Monday evening on a report of a domestic-violence incident.
Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said the suspect came out with a gun and began firing. Knezovich said the suspect was killed at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
Knezovich said this was the third time deputies had been called to the home to deal with domestic violence.