The jury deliberated for only two hours before finding the police sergeant guilty of second-degree rape.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County Superior Court jury has convicted a Spokane police sergeant of sexually assaulting another police officer.
The jury on Wednesday found Sgt. Gordon Ennis guilty of second-degree rape.
The Spokesman-Review says the jury deliberated for only two hours before arriving at a verdict.
Ennis, who was placed on extended leave from the department following his arrest in 2015, is accused of sexually assaulting a fellow police officer on Oct. 25, 2015, at a party. His trial began Feb. 26 and has featured testimony from over a dozen witnesses.
Most Read Local Stories
- What's the region's second-fastest growing neighborhood? Hint: It's not in Seattle. | FYI Guy
- It's almost summer — so get ready for cool-down in Seattle area, forecasters say
- Woman, 18, found on a Kent trail was victim of homicide
- Breaking up immigrant families is ‘not who we are’? Oh yes it is | Danny Westneat
- Another decades-old Tacoma murder solved? Suspected killer of 12-year-old Michella Welch arrested
Ennis testified on Tuesday that the female victim was alert, conscious and conversational up to and during the alleged assault.