The jury deliberated for only two hours before finding the police sergeant guilty of second-degree rape.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County Superior Court jury has convicted a Spokane police sergeant of sexually assaulting another police officer.
The jury on Wednesday found Sgt. Gordon Ennis guilty of second-degree rape.
The Spokesman-Review says the jury deliberated for only two hours before arriving at a verdict.
Ennis, who was placed on extended leave from the department following his arrest in 2015, is accused of sexually assaulting a fellow police officer on Oct. 25, 2015, at a party. His trial began Feb. 26 and has featured testimony from over a dozen witnesses.
Most Read Local Stories
- More effective than condoms? Seattle-area couples test new birth control for men
- Dallas-bound flight returns to Seattle after human heart was left onboard
- Whose stadium is it? They tell us it's ours, only not when it comes to selling the big money name | Danny Westneat
- Teen in police custody after report of gun at Issaquah High School
- Traffic in Seattle, 2017: Fewer cars, bicyclists and walkers; more transit riders and carpoolers
Ennis testified on Tuesday that the female victim was alert, conscious and conversational up to and during the alleged assault.