The jury deliberated for only two hours before finding the police sergeant guilty of second-degree rape.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County Superior Court jury has convicted a Spokane police sergeant of sexually assaulting another police officer.
The jury on Wednesday found Sgt. Gordon Ennis guilty of second-degree rape.
The Spokesman-Review says the jury deliberated for only two hours before arriving at a verdict.
Ennis, who was placed on extended leave from the department following his arrest in 2015, is accused of sexually assaulting a fellow police officer on Oct. 25, 2015, at a party. His trial began Feb. 26 and has featured testimony from over a dozen witnesses.
Most Read Local Stories
- Illegal ‘gingerbread house’ in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie Forest stocked with food, bedding — and child porn
- ‘This is now a crime scene’: Trail steward recalls finding illegal ‘gingerbread house’ filled with child porn
- Spring has sprung, but winter-like weather will return — so here are some Seattle weather jokes to lighten the mood
- Internet access is quietly changing Seattle’s tent cities VIEW
- Wallingford in shock over killing of ‘pillar of the community’
Ennis testified on Tuesday that the female victim was alert, conscious and conversational up to and during the alleged assault.