The man is being held for investigation of elder abuse and reportedly told police he was working three jobs and struggling to care for his elderly mother.
EVERETT — An Everett-area man is under investigation for elder abuse after his mother was found lying in filth with a broken hip and bound legs.
The (Everett) Herald reports Kenneth Strandt was arrested after authorities say his 81-year-old mother was found with bed sores and in clothing that was soiled with feces and urine.
A police report says Strandt’s mother had numerous health problems, including skin ulcers and circulatory issues.
Strandt reportedly told detectives he works three fast-food jobs, is tired all the time and struggles to provide care for his mother.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Arrest of alleged Russian agent Maria Butina puts spotlight on Bellevue's Second Amendment Foundation
- Is the GOP a party, or a cult? | Danny Westneat
- Seattle cops hit the streets for lip-sync challenge WATCH
A judge Monday found probable cause to jail Strandt for investigation of unlawful imprisonment and criminal mistreatment of a dependent. Bail was set at $150,000.
Public defender Pooja Vaddadi says that’s excessive given Strandt has no serious criminal history.