One child is dead, two others hurt in accident at iconic Mack’s Inn resort after snow slid off a cabin roof
ISLAND PARK, Idaho — An Idaho sheriff says a 2-year-old girl was killed Friday night and two other girls remain in the hospital after they were buried by snow and ice that slid off a roof at a resort.
Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries said Sunday that two 7-year-old girls — the sister and cousin of the younger child — were in fair condition at a hospital in Idaho Falls as of Saturday evening.
He says the girls were buried in a freak accident when several feet of snow and ice fell off a cabin at Mack’s Inn Resort, a popular destination about 20 miles west of West Yellowstone, Montana.
The sheriff says one of the fathers saw the snow fall and immediately started digging. He and other responders were able to quickly locate the older girls, but it took some time to find the younger child. The toddler died late Friday after being airlifted to an area hospital.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say