Detectives say they recovered a drywall handsaw next to the body of a 43-year-old Stanwood man who was shot and killed by a Snohomish County sheriff’s deputy responding to a report of a domestic-violence assault early Sunday.
The Snohomish County Multiple Agency Response Team (SMART) said the deputy was one of three responding to a report of a violent domestic-violence assault involving a 38-year-0ld woman with two children. The woman had called 911 to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her and that he had a knife.
The identity of the deputy who fired has not been released. The medical examiner’s office has yet to release the identity and cause of death of the shooting victim.
Most Read Local Stories
- Armed man attacking Tacoma's ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting
- Friday earthquakes on a crustal fault show it's not only the 'Big One' we should fear
- Woman fatally stabbed in Cal Anderson Park
- Driver hits 7-year-old on sidewalk, crashes into power pole in Magnolia
- Homes for sale in Medina are unusually plentiful and 'accessible' these days