Detectives say they recovered a drywall handsaw next to the body of a 43-year-old Stanwood man who was shot and killed by a Snohomish County sheriff’s deputy responding to a report of a domestic-violence assault early Sunday.
The Snohomish County Multiple Agency Response Team (SMART) said the deputy was one of three responding to a report of a violent domestic-violence assault involving a 38-year-0ld woman with two children. The woman had called 911 to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her and that he had a knife.
The identity of the deputy who fired has not been released. The medical examiner’s office has yet to release the identity and cause of death of the shooting victim.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- When does the viaduct close? How much is the tunnel toll? Your guide to Seattle's Highway 99 project
- 'I'm just standing up for people's rights': Police chief in tiny Republic says he won’t enforce new gun law
- Uber launching Seattle bike share with 300 bikes Monday, and plans for 5,000
- Feds agree to $1.2 billion in funding for Sound Transit's Lynnwood light-rail line