Detectives say they recovered a drywall handsaw next to the body of a 43-year-old Stanwood man who was shot and killed by a Snohomish County sheriff’s deputy responding to a report of a domestic-violence assault early Sunday.
The Snohomish County Multiple Agency Response Team (SMART) said the deputy was one of three responding to a report of a violent domestic-violence assault involving a 38-year-0ld woman with two children. The woman had called 911 to report that her boyfriend had assaulted her and that he had a knife.
The identity of the deputy who fired has not been released. The medical examiner’s office has yet to release the identity and cause of death of the shooting victim.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Hoping for no snow? King and Snohomish counties could see some Wednesday.
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Do you know who she is? Sketch released of woman who died in Kirkland.