A motorcyclist died Sunday night in an accident on Interstate 405, caused by the driver of a car who fell asleep at the wheel, according to the Washington State Patrol.
The Patrol said the car’s driver, a 34-year-old man from Everett, was speeding north on Interstate 405 near Bothell about 10:30 p.m. when he drifted over onto the left shoulder, then over-corrected, crossing all the lanes before crashing through the guardrail on the right shoulder.
The motorcyclist, who was identified by police as 50-year-old David Ames of Everett, had been traveling behind him. The motorcycle’s brakes locked, the Patrol said, and the driver and the motorcycle landed on the pavement.
The motorcyclist died at Harborview Medical Center. The driver of the car was not injured, the State Patrol said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's most famous legal homeless camp moves to illegal spot VIEW
- Does it shame Trump supporters to name them? Only if they're ashamed about it | Danny Westneat
- After Seattle Times alert flub inspires jokes on Reddit, Seattle musician creates hipster parody of 'We Didn't Start the Fire'
- Grand jury charges witness with lying about suspect in 2001 slaying of federal prosecutor Thomas Wales
- Jay Inslee exits presidential race; plans to run for 3rd term as governor