The suspect fled from the shooting scene, and police have not released a description.
A 37-year-old man was fatally shot late Thursday in West Seattle’s High Point neighborhood, police said.
Police were called to the shooting at the intersection of 35th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Morgan Street shortly after 11 p.m., where officers found the victim on the sidewalk next to a bus, police reported.
He had been shot multiple times and was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he died, police said.
Police said investigators think the victim and suspect were “involved in a disturbance on the bus just prior to the shooting,” and that both people had gotten off at the same stop prior to the shooting.
Most Read Local Stories
- For the first time in decades, the race for Congress is close in Eastern Washington
- These are Seattle's fastest growing neighborhoods. Next year, they'll lose their only community center.
- “Blatant voter suppression”? Conservative group's mailer touches off furor in Washington's 19th District
- I-940 would remove barrier to criminally charging police; critics say it would make officers timid
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
The suspect fled. Police have not released a description of the suspect.