The suspect fled from the shooting scene, and police have not released a description.
A 37-year-old man was fatally shot late Thursday in West Seattle’s High Point neighborhood, police said.
Police were called to the shooting at the intersection of 35th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Morgan Street shortly after 11 p.m., where officers found the victim on the sidewalk next to a bus, police reported.
He had been shot multiple times and was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he died, police said.
Police said investigators think the victim and suspect were “involved in a disturbance on the bus just prior to the shooting,” and that both people had gotten off at the same stop prior to the shooting.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington state senator draws anger after saying nurses probably spend time playing cards
- Tearing down the Alaskan Way Viaduct is taking longer than once thought WATCH
The suspect fled. Police have not released a description of the suspect.