The suspect fled from the shooting scene, and police have not released a description.
A 37-year-old man was fatally shot late Thursday in West Seattle’s High Point neighborhood, police said.
Police were called to the shooting at the intersection of 35th Avenue Southwest and Southwest Morgan Street shortly after 11 p.m., where officers found the victim on the sidewalk next to a bus, police reported.
He had been shot multiple times and was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he died, police said.
Police said investigators think the victim and suspect were “involved in a disturbance on the bus just prior to the shooting,” and that both people had gotten off at the same stop prior to the shooting.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Incredibly dangerous': Seattle man faces 17th DUI charge after April crash
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- Seattle's top prosecutor and public defender accuse presiding judge of improper conduct
- ‘No bar was too low’: Shoreline man sentenced to 55 years for sexually exploiting hundreds of girls
- Permanent daylight saving time passes Washington state House 90-6, heads to Inslee's desk
The suspect fled. Police have not released a description of the suspect.