A Seattle police officer was among four people arrested as part of a continuing narcotics investigation that includes the FBI and Homeland Security.
A Seattle police officer was among four people arrested Saturday on drug-trafficking charges, according to the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
The officer was immediately placed on administrative leave without pay, police said.
The narcotics investigation involves the Seattle Police Department, FBI, DEA and Homeland Security. The long-term investigation is continuing, according to a source familiar with the investigation who was not authorized to speak on the record.
All four individuals are to appear in U. S. District Court on Monday.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
No further details were made available. The complaints in the case remain sealed until the court appearance.