A passer-by reported that the victim, a woman, appeared to have been shot inside a home.
Seattle police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman Tuesday morning in a home in the Madison Valley.
A passer-by called police at about 9:20 a.m. to report that a woman appeared to have been shot in a house in the 2800 block of East Arthur Place.
Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and pronounced the victim dead. The age of the woman was not immediately released.
Homicide detectives are speaking with potential witnesses and collecting and processing evidence found at the scene, police say.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- Amazon receives 238 bids for its second headquarters
- Judge confirms $17.5M award for fired Swedish Health neurosurgeon
- Monday's NFL news might only make it harder for Seahawks to pull off a trade to help offensive line
- Searchers find 2 hikers missing along Pacific Crest Trail
Teri Rutherford, who lives next door to the house, said she didn’t hear gunshots.
The scene is just south of the Washington Park Arboretum, near East Madison Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way East.