A hotel owner says a man was found dead on the bathroom floor of a room. Separately, police investigate after a woman dies from a suspected gunshot.
Homicide detectives were investigating two deaths over the weekend after a man was found dead in a motel in North Seattle and a woman died at Harborview Medical Center of a suspected gunshot wound.
An employee discovered the man Saturday morning at the Emerald Motel on Aurora Avenue North.
Patrol officers summoned homicide detectives, according to a post on the Seattle Police Department’s blotter.
A spokesman on Sunday called the death suspicious but declined to elaborate on what officers found, pending a medical examiner’s report.
Most Read Local Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Stray bullet kills woman inside Burien office; drive-by shooting suspects at large
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Three people injured in separate Lynnwood shootings
Jason Kim, owner of the motel, said the room was clean, nothing was damaged and there weren’t signs of drug use.
On Sunday, detectives began probing a separate incident in which a man drove to Harborview’s emergency room and said his wife had “suffered a possible gunshot wound to the head.” The woman was pronounced dead.
Seattle police officers interviewed the husband and placed him in custody, according to the department’s blotter.