A hotel owner says a man was found dead on the bathroom floor of a room. Separately, police investigate after a woman dies from a suspected gunshot.
Homicide detectives were investigating two deaths over the weekend after a man was found dead in a motel in North Seattle and a woman died at Harborview Medical Center of a suspected gunshot wound.
An employee discovered the man Saturday morning at the Emerald Motel on Aurora Avenue North.
Patrol officers summoned homicide detectives, according to a post on the Seattle Police Department’s blotter.
A spokesman on Sunday called the death suspicious but declined to elaborate on what officers found, pending a medical examiner’s report.
Most Read Local Stories
- What's the region's second-fastest growing neighborhood? Hint: It's not in Seattle. | FYI Guy
- AG Ferguson: Washington, other states to sue Trump administration over separating immigrant families at border
- Pastor who shot suspect in Tumwater carjacking spree tells his story WATCH
- Another decades-old Tacoma murder solved? Suspected killer of 12-year-old Michella Welch arrested
- What do you want to understand about homelessness? Ask us
Jason Kim, owner of the motel, said the room was clean, nothing was damaged and there weren’t signs of drug use.
On Sunday, detectives began probing a separate incident in which a man drove to Harborview’s emergency room and said his wife had “suffered a possible gunshot wound to the head.” The woman was pronounced dead.
Seattle police officers interviewed the husband and placed him in custody, according to the department’s blotter.