A hotel owner says a man was found dead on the bathroom floor of a room. Separately, police investigate after a woman dies from a suspected gunshot.
Homicide detectives were investigating two deaths over the weekend after a man was found dead in a motel in North Seattle and a woman died at Harborview Medical Center of a suspected gunshot wound.
An employee discovered the man Saturday morning at the Emerald Motel on Aurora Avenue North.
Patrol officers summoned homicide detectives, according to a post on the Seattle Police Department’s blotter.
A spokesman on Sunday called the death suspicious but declined to elaborate on what officers found, pending a medical examiner’s report.
Most Read Local Stories
- Viaduct shutdown: Seattle businesses prepare for gridlock as three-week Highway 99 closure looms
- Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again
- Man, 23, killed in shooting at party at Edmonds Senior Center
- Over 100K lose power as high winds hit Washington, Oregon
- We now know where Seattle's airborne heart was headed after Southwest flight was turned around
Jason Kim, owner of the motel, said the room was clean, nothing was damaged and there weren’t signs of drug use.
On Sunday, detectives began probing a separate incident in which a man drove to Harborview’s emergency room and said his wife had “suffered a possible gunshot wound to the head.” The woman was pronounced dead.
Seattle police officers interviewed the husband and placed him in custody, according to the department’s blotter.