Police are investigating incident in which a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire in South Seattle.
Seattle police detectives are investigating after a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire Sunday in South Seattle.
Detective Mark Jamieson said the victim’s injuries were not life-threatening.
The victim was in the 11200 block of 59th Avenue South about 3 p.m. when she was struck by gunfire, he said.
Police said she was transported to a nearby hospital where she was treated for her injuries. The hospital was not identified in a Seattle Police Blotter post on the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
Jamieson said detectives responded to the scene and were conducting their investigation.