Zarin Price was arrested last year after witnesses saw him beating the victim in the parking lot of a hotel.
PORTLAND — A Seattle man who traveled across the Oregon line to pimp out his girlfriend has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison.
U.S. District Court Judge Robert Jones told Zarin Price he was “very reluctantly” following the sentencing recommendation agreed to by prosecutors and the defense. The judge said he hopes the 36-year-old matures in prison and opts for a different life than that of a heroin addict and pimp.
Price said in a Portland courtroom Wednesday that drugs were the focus of his crime, not the money.
Price was arrested last year after witnesses saw him beating the victim in the parking lot of a hotel south of Portland. Investigators learned he had put the woman on the streets of Seattle before taking her to Oregon.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state is No. 1. Of course! But which states are the worst?
- Driver 'appeared to be dancing and smiling' after Aurora crash that killed 2, charging papers say
- After 120-day ban on flavored vaping products, Washington will aim for permanent ban, tougher regulations
- 'Cutting and running': King County closing its doors to street danger sends exactly the wrong message | Danny Westneat
- Sound Transit removes top safety chief after report on fatal Amtrak crash