Police said the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405 before making contact with the boy.
Renton police are searching for a man who they believe tried to abduct a 6-year-old boy Monday afternoon.
The boy was walking near his 9-year-old brother in the 3400 block of Meadow Avenue North around 3:15 p.m. when the man approached the younger boy and grabbed his shoulder, police said.
Before making contact with the boy, the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405, police said.
When the 6-year-old screamed, the man “disappeared” back over the wall, according to a Renton police news release. A police K-9 unit was unable to find him, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Police describe the man as white, in his teens and 6 feet tall, with a thin build. They said he has brown or black hair, and he was wearing an orange jacket and orange shorts.
Investigators ask anyone with information on the man or incident to call 911.