Police say they've arrested a 50-year-old Renton Highlands man accused of shooting a towing-company employee who confronted him about dumping trash at their lot on Rainier Ave. South The victim was released from the hospital.
Renton police said they have arrested a 50-year-old man suspected of shooting the person who confronted him about dumping trash onto a towing company’s lot late Friday.
The man, whom police didn’t identify, allegedly dumped trash from his car onto a towing company’s property in the 200 block of Rainier Avenue South., at about 11 p.m.
When an employee of the tow company confronted the man, he drove away, firing several shots from his car, police say. The employee was struck twice and treated at a hospital for nonlife threatening injuries and released.
Police found trash from a nearby restaurant among the items that had been dumped, and used video footage from that restaurant to identify the suspect. SWAT and hostage negotiators found the man’s car parked near his home, and he surrendered without incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- Man dies in Lake Washington while paddleboarding, police say
- SDOT data shows nearly 100 serious-injury or fatal collisions on Seattle streets in first half of 2019
- Seattle summer weather is back to normal. Here's your forecast for the week.
Editor’s note: The comment thread on this story has been removed because it was originally included in error.