Renton police believe the man’s body had been in the apartment stairwell for more than five hours before it was discovered Monday night.
A 21-year-old Renton man was found dead from a gunshot wound in the stairwell of an apartment building on Sunset Boulevard on Monday night, according to police.
A resident of the Sunset View Apartments discovered the man’s body around 11 p.m. and called police, according to a news release by Renton police spokesman David Liebman. Investigators determined the man had been shot hours earlier, at approximately 5:30 p.m., the release says.
“Detectives continue to interview witnesses and canvass for evidence,” Liebman wrote.
The man was identified Wednesday as Kalin Lubben. He died from a gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled a homicide, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Most Read Local Stories
- 1 protester dead, 1 injured after man drives into protesters on I-5 in Seattle VIEW
- Call it the 'boss tax:' Seattle finally finds a potent way to tax the rich
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- A COVID-19 outbreak on UW's Greek Row hints at how hard it may be to open colleges this fall
- Surge in state COVID-19 cases driven by Eastern Washington
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Det. Peter Montemayor, 425-430-7528.