King County prosecutors say a 17-year-old Kent girl escaped an apartment last week after being kidnapped, drugged and raped and ran home barefooted. A 27-year-old Renton man is charged in the kidnapping, and police are looking for two other suspects.

Share story

A 27-year-old Renton man was charged Friday with first-degree kidnapping, accused of drugging a 17-year-old girl and taking her to a Kent apartment where one of his friends allegedly raped her, according to King County prosecutors.

Lamont Watts Jr. was booked on Sunday afternoon into the King County Jail, where he is being held in lieu of $250,000 bail, jail records show. Arrest details were not immediately known.

Two other suspects, including the girl’s alleged rapist, are still being sought by police, according to charging documents filed in Watts’ case.

Watts is under investigation for allegedly prostituting the girl, who reported him to police after she was forced into commercial sex by Watts between October and December, according to court documents.

Most Read Stories

Unlimited Digital Access. $1 for 4 weeks.

The girl’s mother called 911 around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday after receiving multiple text messages from her daughter that the girl needed help, but the mother didn’t know where she was, the charges say.

The girl returned home almost seven hours later and her mother took her to Valley Medical Center for a rape exam and again called police, according to charging papers.

The girl told Kent police officers that she had agreed to meet Watts at a park near her house at midnight. She said that when she arrived, Watts immediately began yelling at her for reporting him to police, the charges said.

The girl said two men approached her from behind and ordered her into a vehicle. When she refused, one of the men lifted his shirt and showed her a handgun stuffed into the waistband of his pants, charging papers say.

The victim said she was forced to drink from a water bottle, became dizzy and passed out, waking later on the floor of an unfurnished apartment, the charges say.

At one point, Watts came into the room to talk to the girl and kicked her in the ribs, according to the charges. He left and sometime later, a second man came into the room and raped the girl, say the charges.

The girl eventually opened the bedroom door, saw two of the men smoking on the rear balcony and escaped the apartment, leaving her shoes behind, charging papers say.

She dropped her cellphone in a stairwell and ran barefoot to her home, where she told her mother what had happened, say the charges.