Prosecutors said in court papers that the defendant killed her wife in their Redmond apartment March 29 after learning that she was having an affair.
A 27-year-old Redmond woman has been charged with second-degree murder in the strangulation death of her wife.
Multiple news outlets report that Aterraka Scotland was charged Monday in King County and that bail was set at $3 million.
Prosecutors said in court papers that Aterraka Scotland told police she killed her wife, Tiffany Scotland, in their Redmond apartment March 29 after learning that she was having an affair.
Prosecutors say she strangled her wife to death and had two others help her cover up the crime by stabbing the victim to make it appear that she had been robbed. Prosecutors say Aterraka Scotland also told police she and others planned to dispose of the body at a later time and that she assumed the victim’s identity to make it seem as if she was still alive.
Most Read Local Stories
- Three people found dead in Sammamish home, sheriff's office says WATCH
- How the first two days of post-viaduct commutes unfolded: Early morning traffic jams, then mostly smooth
- Some potential block-by-block changes to Seattle's plan to upzone 27 neighborhoods
- Viadoom traffic, Day 2: State response teams prevented regional gridlock
- Third Seattle middle-school student dies from injuries suffered in summer car crash
It wasn’t immediately clear if Aterraka Scotland has an attorney.