Prosecutors will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
PORT ORCHARD — Prosecutors say a Port Orchard man involved in a crash in which a pregnant woman was injured, resulting in the death of her unborn child, has been charged with vehicular assault.
The Kitsap Sun reports investigators allege the Sept. 27 crash was caused when the man accelerated to prevent another car from passing him. The pregnant woman was a passenger in the passing car.
Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office says it will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
The 18-year-old woman was 31 weeks pregnant at the time. Court documents say doctors performed an emergency C-section to remove the unborn child.
Most Read Local Stories
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Is this the future of Seattle transit? A look at Vancouver, B.C. — a city that figured it out years ago
- WSDOT apologizes for 'inappropriate message' on traffic sign
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver