Prosecutors will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
PORT ORCHARD — Prosecutors say a Port Orchard man involved in a crash in which a pregnant woman was injured, resulting in the death of her unborn child, has been charged with vehicular assault.
The Kitsap Sun reports investigators allege the Sept. 27 crash was caused when the man accelerated to prevent another car from passing him. The pregnant woman was a passenger in the passing car.
Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office says it will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
The 18-year-old woman was 31 weeks pregnant at the time. Court documents say doctors performed an emergency C-section to remove the unborn child.
Most Read Local Stories
- Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
- Seattle homeless camp that allows alcohol, drug use is losing its management as tensions escalate VIEW
- Transfers at Husky Stadium station were 'horrendous,' for some users, so U District community devised a plan for its future stop
- Seattle could break a record as temperatures rise to the upper 70s this week
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW