Prosecutors will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
PORT ORCHARD — Prosecutors say a Port Orchard man involved in a crash in which a pregnant woman was injured, resulting in the death of her unborn child, has been charged with vehicular assault.
The Kitsap Sun reports investigators allege the Sept. 27 crash was caused when the man accelerated to prevent another car from passing him. The pregnant woman was a passenger in the passing car.
Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office says it will investigate the other driver in the crash for possible charges, as well as whether either driver could be charged with vehicular homicide in the death of the fetus.
The 18-year-old woman was 31 weeks pregnant at the time. Court documents say doctors performed an emergency C-section to remove the unborn child.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- How reliable are those colorful bike-share bikes on Seattle streets and sidewalks?
- Emboldened by Trump, Proud Boys’ confrontations raise concerns in the Northwest
- Ballard homeowner shoots intruder; police find suspect in hospital minutes later
- Temp hits 93 degrees in Seattle, breaking a record; weather service says get ready for another 90-degree day ahead