A man was arrested Thursday after he was caught vandalizing a Sikh temple in Spokane Valley, the sheriff’s office says.
SPOKANE VALLEY — Authorities say a man was arrested after he was caught vandalizing a Sikh temple in Spokane Valley.
The Spokane Valley Sheriff’s office says they were called to the temple Thursday morning and found 44-year-old Jeffrey C. Pittman detained by witnesses.
Temple members told police they entered to find Pittman naked with a blanket wrapped around him and holding a decorative sword. They said they were able to detain him after an altercation.
Authorities estimate damage at several thousand dollars for the reported destruction of a holy book and setting off a fire extinguisher.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle mayoral matchmaker: Which candidate shares your views?
- A quiet rise in homelessness in northeast King County raises stakes in contentious council race
- Seven rescued after vehicle goes off cliff near trailhead in Snohomish County
- How his twin brother's deathbed plea was a call to action for Washington state's insurance commissioner
- What to know about Monday's COVID vaccine deadline in Washington state
Pittman was booked into jail on suspicion of burglary, harassment and mischief.