The couple were in the process of getting a divorce, said King County sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindi West.
A woman was shot and killed Friday night in SeaTac by her husband, who then attempted to kill himself, said Cindi West, a King County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman.
“Our suspect fired multiple shots, shooting and killing his wife, and then turned the gun on himself — shot himself in the face,” West said.
Medics tried to revive the woman, but she died at the scene. The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center and is expected to live, West said.
The couple was at the home with their teenage son and the man’s mother.
Most Read Local Stories
- We now know where Seattle's airborne heart was headed after Southwest flight was turned around
- Dallas-bound flight returns to Seattle after human heart was left onboard
- Burned bear Cinder shot and killed by hunter in Washington
- Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again
- Gov. Inslee proposes $54.4B state budget with new tax on capital gains
“They (the couple) were in the process of a divorce,” West said. The son had heard them arguing before the shots were fired, she said.
“It’s devastating,” West said. “Some of the woman’s family is there, and they’re distraught.”