Police found a man fatally shot in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood after they responded to 911 calls late Friday about gunfire near Broadway and Pike Street.
The calls began to come in around 11:50 p.m, according to Seattle police.
Officers found the man and called for medics, but he died at the scene, according to police, who said they detained one person nearby. Police said detectives believe a fight led to the shooting.
Detectives ask anyone with information to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- Meth is back in King County, bigger than it's been for decades
- Seattle nightlife entrepreneur Dave Meinert re-emerges after #MeToo allegations. Will he be welcomed back?
- 1 person hurt, 2 detained in midday shooting in downtown Seattle
- Family: Missing Everett man found dead in Cascades
- Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion approved; oil-tanker traffic could soar in Northwest VIEW