Police found a man fatally shot in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood after they responded to 911 calls late Friday about gunfire near Broadway and Pike Street.
The calls began to come in around 11:50 p.m, according to Seattle police.
Officers found the man and called for medics, but he died at the scene, according to police, who said they detained one person nearby. Police said detectives believe a fight led to the shooting.
Detectives ask anyone with information to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Sorry for what happened to Mr. Gray': DSHS to pay $8M after neighbors' pleas to help vulnerable Seattle man brought no action
- Low snowpack, hot spring lead to drought declaration for nearly half of Washington state
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- In the aftermath of a drug bust, Seattle homeless camp is cleaned up again VIEW
- As scooter popularity grows, here are 4 questions facing scooter-share in Seattle