Police found a man fatally shot in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood after they responded to 911 calls late Friday about gunfire near Broadway and Pike Street.
The calls began to come in around 11:50 p.m, according to Seattle police.
Officers found the man and called for medics, but he died at the scene, according to police, who said they detained one person nearby. Police said detectives believe a fight led to the shooting.
Detectives ask anyone with information to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse this weekend
- In Seattle's Sodo district, frustration mounts amid RVs, drugs and skyrocketing crime VIEW
- Navy dumps hazardous substances including copper, zinc into Puget Sound, Washington state AG says
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man's workplace, seeking an apology WATCH