Police found a man fatally shot in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood after they responded to 911 calls late Friday about gunfire near Broadway and Pike Street.
The calls began to come in around 11:50 p.m, according to Seattle police.
Officers found the man and called for medics, but he died at the scene, according to police, who said they detained one person nearby. Police said detectives believe a fight led to the shooting.
Detectives ask anyone with information to call the homicide tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- A year after officials called off search for hiker Sam Sayers, her mother is still looking
- Elizabeth Warren's Sunday town hall is moved to Seattle Center
- Washington drivers who break "Move Over Law" could face $214 ticket this weekend — here's a refresher on the law
- 'It's going to be a long four years': Our state's pecking-order politics needs a shake-up | Danny Westneat
- Capital One hacking suspect, a transgender Seattle woman, is denied request to be moved from men's prison