Three suspects in a fatal shooting have been arrested after a police chase from Oregon into Washington.
PORTLAND — Authorities say three suspects in a fatal shooting have been arrested after a police chase from Oregon into Washington.
Gresham, Ore., police say one man was shot to death Friday afternoon near an elementary school.
The suspects reportedly fled in a car at high speeds and headed north into Washington state.
Police pursued the vehicle and say speeds reached over 100 mph as they crossed through three Washington counties.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area protests: Police declare a riot as demonstrators gather for fourth day to call for police accountability
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- King County will apply to enter a modified Phase 1 of coronavirus recovery. Here's what that means.
- Coronavirus outbreak strikes Seattle factory trawler as most of 126 crew tests positive
- Seattle area protest updates: City reacts to George Floyd killing, Bellevue imposes curfew amid protests
Washington State Trooper Will Finn said the suspect’s car was slowed by troopers using spike strips on northbound Interstate 5 in Kalama. Finn says an officer stopped the car by ramming into it and sending it out of control.
Police say all three suspects are in custody.
No other details were immediately available.