Pierce County sheriff’s deputies fatally shot a man they say lunged at a deputy with a knife.
TACOMA (AP) — Pierce County sheriff’s deputies fatally shot a man they say lunged at a deputy with a knife.
Sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer says deputies responded Saturday morning after the man’s sister reported that the man had kidnapped his brother-in-law at knifepoint.
Troyer tells the News Tribune that the woman said her brother threatened to kill anyone who tried to stop him.
Deputies searched the area and found the man armed with a knife. Three deputies pointed their weapons at the man. Troyer says all three fired when the man lunged at one of the deputies.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
- Analysis: What went wrong in Washington’s loss at Arizona State WATCH
- Washington can kiss its playoff hopes goodbye after debacle in desert WATCH
- Suspects’ phones led Northwest investigators to carcasses in one of the biggest poaching cases they’ve ever seen VIEW
The deputies were placed on administrative leave.