Detectives working the case were reviewing surveillance footage with the help of the owner of the motel where the shooting occurred Friday night.
A motel clerk was shot and killed while working the night shift Friday in SeaTac during an apparent robbery, the King County Sheriff’s Office said.
No arrests have been made.
A shuttle driver had pulled into the Americas Best Value Inn on International Boulevard, just south of the airport, when he found the clerk lying on the lobby floor and bleeding around 11:15 p.m., Sgt. Ryan Abbott said. The shuttle driver called 911 and started CPR.
The 40-year-old clerk, who lived in Spanaway but has not been identified, was unresponsive, Abbott said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Stray bullet kills woman inside Burien office; drive-by shooting suspects at large
- Detectives say simmering gang war in south King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
Medics and police arrived and continued aid and rushed the man to Harborview Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead a short time later, Abbott said.
Detectives spent the night reviewing surveillance video and working the case with the aid of the motel owner, who arrived after the shooting, Abbott said. Several people likely heard something around the time of the shooting. No immediate suspect information was released.
Later Saturday, Abbott said in an email that the victim was shot after a robbery of the motel cash.
The man was a U.S. military veteran and currently in the National Guard, Abbott said.
It was the second fatal shooting in SeaTac this month, and the third in six weeks. On June 1, a 19-year-old man was killed at a birthday party on 29th Place South; authorities later charged a 16-year-old Burien boy in the attack. Last month, a 20-year-old man died after being found shot in a parked vehicle on Military Road South.