Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school.
Islander Middle School in Mercer Island was evacuated Wednesday morning after a bomb threat, according to a news release from the Mercer Island Police Department. Lakeridge Elementary School, which is next to Islander Middle, went into lockdown status during the evacuation.
Evacuated students were taken to the Mercer Island Community and Events Center.
Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school. The threat came in the form of a note, said the release. No information about the note’s contents was immediately available; police are still investigating the source of the threat.
The school district is using its website to keep parents updated.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'It's surreal': Seattle's Pike Place Fish Market sold to fish-throwing employees WATCH
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- Downtown Seattle bus station closes for good Saturday. Here’s where to find the buses
- Wildfire closes I-90 east of Ellensburg; westbound lanes and one eastbound lane reopen
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl