Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school.
Islander Middle School in Mercer Island was evacuated Wednesday morning after a bomb threat, according to a news release from the Mercer Island Police Department. Lakeridge Elementary School, which is next to Islander Middle, went into lockdown status during the evacuation.
Evacuated students were taken to the Mercer Island Community and Events Center.
Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school. The threat came in the form of a note, said the release. No information about the note’s contents was immediately available; police are still investigating the source of the threat.
The school district is using its website to keep parents updated.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opens to the public in Seattle VIEW
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington
- Analysis | Why did the Seahawks move on from Kris Richard as defensive coordinator? A look at the numbers
- All Seattle’s new wealth couldn’t save many homeowners from foreclosure | PNW Magazine
- Amazon Go draws crowds: How does it work? Answers to questions on the new retail store