Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school.
Islander Middle School in Mercer Island was evacuated Wednesday morning after a bomb threat, according to a news release from the Mercer Island Police Department. Lakeridge Elementary School, which is next to Islander Middle, went into lockdown status during the evacuation.
Evacuated students were taken to the Mercer Island Community and Events Center.
Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school. The threat came in the form of a note, said the release. No information about the note’s contents was immediately available; police are still investigating the source of the threat.
The school district is using its website to keep parents updated.
Most Read Local Stories
- It's happening: Seattle makes history for record-breaking warmth VIEW
- U.S. officials drill out locks at former Russian consul residence in Seattle's Madison Park VIEW
- Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee to Bill Maher: ‘We’ve got the best weed’
- The sirens are sounding on homelessness. Just not here. | Danny Westneat
- This tiny house village allows drugs. Should it have been put in a high drug-traffic area?