Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school.
Islander Middle School in Mercer Island was evacuated Wednesday morning after a bomb threat, according to a news release from the Mercer Island Police Department. Lakeridge Elementary School, which is next to Islander Middle, went into lockdown status during the evacuation.
Evacuated students were taken to the Mercer Island Community and Events Center.
Police, along with Mercer Island city and school employees, found nothing after they searched the middle school. The threat came in the form of a note, said the release. No information about the note’s contents was immediately available; police are still investigating the source of the threat.
The school district is using its website to keep parents updated.
Most Read Local Stories
- Powerful earthquakes strike off Canada's coast. Here's what it means for us in Washington state
- These are Seattle's fastest growing neighborhoods. Next year, they'll lose their only community center.
- Polluted air, fog are back in Puget Sound, but not for long VIEW
- Nearly half of Seattle property crime involves vehicles; see the risk level near you | FYI Guy
- Death threats, vandalism: Seattle hires mediator over 35th Avenue Northeast road project